Bush Music Club
The Bush Music Club was named in honour of the survival in bush areas of that style of self reliant entertainment and sociability that seemed so scarce in the “big smoke”.
Since it as established in 1954, The Bush Music Club has pursued its aim of collecting, publishing, performing and popularising Australian traditions of song, dance, verse and folklore. It runs two bushdances each month, a dance workshop at Pennant Hills, a music workshop at Addison Rd Community Centre, Marrickville, two colonial balls, as well as publishing a regular magazine called Mulga Wire and various books, tapes and CDs.
ARC Location: Hut 44
Phone: 02 9642 7950